Friday, January 24, 2014

Byebye Granny...

Hello humans...

I am not in a mood for fun posts today.
It should be a fun day, because it is Mommy's birthday. As it is a ritual, we dropped the speaker off the shelf  in the morning to wake her up. Everything was normal...
But then Mommy read something from this machine and she got very, very sad. Daddy is sad, too.
Mommy told us, that our granny died. She was not our real granny, but I liked her a lot. She even cleaned me once... no visitor cat ever did that but her. I got very sad, too. Ruska didn't say anything, but I know she is sad inside. She always pretends not to like the cats that are visiting, but I know she has a big heart.

I knew that cats die. Humans do, too. And everyone...
I know my stepsister Lotta died. My stepsiblings Cookie and Mutteri probably, too... but I didn't know them personally. It is different if someone that you know dies.
I heard she didn't suffer and that is good. Now she'll be a good granny for all the cats across the rainbow bridge. And one day also for me and Ruska again... though I sure hope it will take a while still, there is so much more to explore for me here. Maybe I'll be someone's granny, too, one day. And someone will be sad when I die. That's a nice thought, I guess, even though it sounds strange...

I hope Granny's Mommy and Daddy will soon remember her with a smile and don't have to be so sad anymore. I hope everyone who knew Granny will keep her in good memory, because she deserves that.
And now I need to stop before I need to cry.

Byebye,
Phoebe




R.I.P. Minttu-Granny
2000-2014


Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.
*Mary Elizabeth Frye

1 comment: