Tuesday, December 3, 2013

That thing called vet...

Hello!

It's me, Phoebe. Mommy has been talking about a huge trip and adventure lately. I am not quite sure what she means by that, but it can only be a blast. Trips are one of my favorite things, so I am already pretty excited!

It was a few weeks ago when I first recognized that something was odd. Daddy all of a sudden left with a suitcase, in the middle of the night, and did not come back yet. Mommy seemed pretty sad, so I already feared he might not come back ever again! I did my best to comfort her. But I quickly realized that he wasn't really gone, but somehow got stuck in this machine here. I see his face and hear his voice every now and then, when he talks to Mommy. They talk about human stuff, about a thing called "Frankfurt", about work and flats. At some point Mommy said they found us a new place to stay and that we all would go there together. Me, Ruska, Mommy and Daddy. I'm a bit confused, I think it is quite decent here, no need to change. But that's humans, who is supposed to understand them?

Lately Mommy has been talking a lot about a thing called vet. I think I heard about it before, but it has been a while and doesn't quite ring a bell. Ruska said, vet means that we are most likely going to die. I don't believe her, she tends to exaggerate with those things. But today was the day! Mommy prepared our transport bags with warm blankets and hot water bottles and sprayed some of that stuff in there, that smells so nicely. I ran into my bag immediately when she called me, because the bags mean that we are in for something super exciting! Ruska was not that convinced, of course, but Mommy stuffed her into a bag as well. I was a little confused because we usually share a bag, so we can cuddle.

Then another human girl came and she took my bag. Mommy carried Ruska and we left the flat. Oh, it was really cold out there! And lots of the fun, strange white stuff on the ground. Too bad I was in the bag, so I could not play in it. We walked a long time through the cold and I heard how Mommy kept saying she would put Ruska on a diet, because her arm was falling off. Hihi. Ruska cried all the time and tried to get out of the bag. Then we got into a huuuuuuuuuge car, with a lot of humans in it! Wow, that was exciting! I screamed as loud as I could, because it was so much fun. Even Ruska stopped crying and stared at me. As well as all the humans on the big car. Whoops.
Then we got out of the car and Mommy and the other human girl started to look for something and kept talking about 'time' and 'too late'. They had to ask someone for help and finally we got into a warm place, that smelled funnily like cats and dogs and the stuff that Mommy sprayed into our bags.
Mommy talked to a woman there and they said something about chips. But I don't think they meant the same chips that Mommy and Daddy eat sometimes. I stole one once, they are bloody delicious!

We had to wait quite a while, there were dogs and other cats that screamed even louder than Ruska, but then a nice lady called our names and Mommy took us into a separate room. She said "Ruska first, cause she will spread terror.". And Ruska did. I was watching from the bag, you know? Ruska tried everything to get off the pretty silver table. Mommy and the nice lady had to hold her together. Then she meowed "OUCH!". Then they held her even tighter and then she screamed very loudly, said many bad, bad things in cat language and tried to bite and scratch the nice lady. But she only laughed and said "Well, now that didn't work. I'll have to sting you again."... they held even tighter, but this time Ruska didn't move or say anything at all. The nice lady stroked her with a thing and it made beep! That was funny! Then she could go back into her bag and oh boy, I have never seen her run in there so fast! Next was my turn. I was allowed to sit on the pretty table and the nice lady said what a cute and well-behaved cat I am. Needless to tell me, as if I didn't know. They held me as well and I got a sting. It was not bad at all, Ruska really is one whiny cat! Then I got the second sting and that hurt very badly!! But I was very brave and didn't cry at all. The nice lady stroked me with the thing as well and guess what!? I beeped as well! Hihiiii! I went also back into the bag and Mommy got two fancy little booklets.
Later she showed mine to her human girl friend and they laughed and said now I am not Fibi anymore, but Pheobe. I didn't get it. We went out into the cold again and Mommy said we are home soon.
Home we took even two of the huuuuuuge cars and in the second one there was a dog sitting almost next to me. He was very nice and we had a wordless conversation through the whole way.

Then we were already home and Mommy dropped onto our bed and said "Once and never again...." Weird.
I am really exhausted from this adventure and there is supposed to be an even bigger one!? Wow! I will go back to sleep and get some rest. What a day. And of course I was right... no yummy chips for us. I wonder what that was all about?

I'll keep you updated in here! And Ruska too at times. Possibly.


Yours, Phoebe



P.S. Here are pictures of the fancy booklets!!

Left is my fancy booklet, on the right is Ruska's.

This might be the reason why Mommy said I am called Pheobe now.

No comments:

Post a Comment